Without reports, most of the data we generate in systems like Clarizen lose their value. We now need to make sure the data can be aggregated in a way that makes it easy for the the executive team down to the project managers to gain the visibility they need in order to make informed decisions.
The following will be an expanding guide to focus on different types of reports that support our best practices. These reports will need to be either built or configured with your business in mind to take advantage of your custom data set.
Before getting into the actual reports, it’s best to familiarize yourself with Clarizen’s reporting engine and the key benefits and features it provides:
- Insight: Gain real-time visibility into performance and KPI’s that help you predict and understand your business which prompt business questions & shortens the cycle to take action.
- Actionable: Take action and update data directly in reports, create discussion posts linking in relevant information, share decisions, and create actionable work.
- Role based: Take advantage of a dynamic reporting platform that provides the data relevant to each role. Generate dashboards, displaying consolidated metrics across business objects and deliver value to all stakeholders, from PM’s to Executives.
- Dashboards: to consolidate reports across multiple objects, and display multiple formats in one page
- Business Questions: Most reports are built to answer a specific business question. Instead of relying on the report title, make reports easy to consume by stating the proper question to the end user.
- Highlights: Provide easy to find data summaries to answer report business questions.
- Charts: 8 types of charts, including advanced cluster & stacked options, as well as metrics grouping
- Tabs: Pivot as single data set in multiple ways to tell the whole story.
- Security: Folder & Report sharing options – across users, groups, profiles, etc. including email attachments
- Scheduling: emails, attachments/downloads
- Snapshots: for performance history or audit trails
Please visit the reporting module to explore some of the folders to see what reports may best support your business. You can find the request, issue and risk reports in the Cases folder.