Intended Role: Demand Management Team
Congrats! Your request is approved and now it’s time to create the work that will satisfy the request in an automated way. You’ve capture a lot of data on the request up until this point and it’s important that we make sure it is available in the work that is generated from it.
Creating work from a request is easy to do via the custom action “Create Work”. As a request may not end up being projects, there are options to either create a task in an existing project or smaller to-do tasks.
The best practice application includes an “Active Requests” view in the request module. Edit/update the view to fit the needs of your organization.
- Restrict sharing to only the Profiles that should be allowed to convert requests.
- The view returns only requests in following Request State: Submitted, In Work, In Review, Approved.
- Clarizen views can be tailored to meet the needs of your organization. In this case, we want to ensure to provide the information necessary for the business sponsor to make an approval decision.
- Ensure that the Request Action column is displayed, allowing the team member to initiate the creation of work.
End User Steps:
- From the navigation panel, select the Requests module.
- If this is the first time accessing the “Active Requests” view, you may need to explicitly choose this view using the View Navigator.
- In the top left corner, select the current view to open the View Navigator.
- Select the “Active Requests” view from the View Navigator.
- Click the “Create Work” Request Action.
- Select the work type to initiate (project or task), then click Next.
- Fill in the following based on work type selected:
- On the Create a New Project pop-up:
- Edit the project name as desired
- Select the appropriate project template
- Assign a project manager (if known)
- Update budgeted amount if necessary (default based on estimated cost from request)
- Update the project start date as desired
- Choose the portfolio where this project will reside (Optional).
- On the New Task Creation pop-up:
- Edit the title as desired
- Choose the project where this task will reside (Optional)
- Update the task start date as desired
- Update the work effort as appropriate
- Assign a resource, if known