Advanced Configuration Options
Reading Time-phase data using workflow
4 functions allow you to access Financial Planning data from Workflow and Custom Actions.
- GetFinancialDataForFixedPeriod [Link to Success Site functions will go here]
- GetFinancialDataForGivenPeriod [Link to Success Site functions will go here]
- GetTotalFinancialSummaryForFixedPeriod [Link to Success Site functions will go here]
- GetTotalFinancialSummaryForGivenPeriod [Link to Success Site functions will go here]
Updating NLR Time-phase data using Workflow
It is also possible to update Time Phase data via Workflows.
Time-phase data is stored as month objects, on the start of the month, even though actuals may only be calculated for the end of the month.
Schematic of NLR link with TimePhase Data
Updating when Month has Time Phase Financial Data
However, if data for that month already exists, you will need to update the relevant fields. Depending on whether your organization closes financial reporting each month or restates all numbers until financial year end, you will need to care to increment the fields rather than overwriting them.
Updating when Month has no Time Phase Financial Data
If there is no Time-phase data for any of the NLR fields on a Work Item for a particular month, you will need to create a new TimePhaseData item. You will need to provide a Date, which should be the first of them month. Take care to set the date using DateTime that is during working hours, else the Date will be interpreted as being the previous business day, and therefore the previous month.
As users triggering actions/ API actions may not have visibility on screen of data for the time period they want to provide data for, Configuration designers should also take special care in their workflows and action to deal with ambiguity of time-phase plan data being/ not being present.
- Labor Costs will be added to the Financial Planning view in an upcoming update
- Currently, adding a Non-Labor Resource on Milestones is not supported
- Actual Cost and Revenue Amounts are manually-entered aggregate values. Project Managers or Controllers should update the Project Actuals manually when monthly billing cycles are closed.
- NLR periodic amounts (budget cost per year, or quarter) are not automatically calculated and stored. If you need to calculate and store these periodic amounts, consider using using workflow using the new functions to achieve any periodic grouping calculations your organization needs:
- GetFinancialDataForFixedPeriod [Clarizen Functions Page]
- GetFinancialDataForGivenPeriod [Clarizen Functions Page]
- GetTotalFinancialSummaryForFixedPeriod [Clarizen Functions Page]
- GetTotalFinancialSummaryForGivenPeriod [Clarizen Functions Page]
- GetAssignedProjectWorkForGivenPeriod [Clarizen Functions Page]
- GetAssignedProjectWorkForFixedPeriod [Clarizen Functions Page]
6. Expenses from Project line items are not added or linked to any corresponding NLRs at this point.