Intended Role: Project Manager/Resource Manager
Once project work has been scoped and the resource pool has been staffed, individual resources can be assigned to specific work items. Clarizen offers a flexible and easy way to accomplish this using the Replace Resource functionality if you have placeholder resources assigned from a template.
If your organization has a repeatable process, the best practice is to leverage project templates in Clarizen to set pre-populated placeholder resources. This ensures that the project’s task dependencies, placeholder resource assignments and associated files are automatically created for new projects.
End User Steps:
Leveraging a template:
- Access a project,using a detailed view, that was created from a template (e.g. Project Overview).
- In the Work Plan Panel, highlight the project in the grid.
- Select Resourcing from the ribbon menu, then replace resource.
- In the Search for field, type in the placeholder resource.
- In the Replace with field, type in the identified resource staffed on this project specifically for the role matching the placeholder resource (e.g. Crystal Wright has a job title of Business Analyst and should be assigned to all work currently assigned to $SystemAnalyst).
- Access a project using a detailed view (e.g. Project Overview).
- In the Work Plan Panel, highlight the task in the grid.
- If not visible, add the resource column in the work plan view by going Gear Icon → Columns → Resources
- Simply type the name of the resource(s) and select from auto filled suggestions.