Creating a New Dashboard
You have the option of creating custom made dashboards from scratch or based on an existing dashboard.
To create a dashboard:
- From the main navigation menu click New->Dashboard
Alternatively in the reports & dashboards' main view click Add->Dashboard
The Dashboard editor screen opens
- In the Dashboard Name field, type your name for the new dashboard
By default the folder in which the dashboard is saved is the folder in which you are in
- To change the folder in which the report is saved, click Change...
- Set the sharing permission level:
Users who have access to the folder are “inherited” into the newly created report
- Click the Sharing field
The Share With window opens
- Select specific users, user groups, profiles, and special groups (such as super user, administrators, etc.) to add (or remove) them from the list of people with access rights.
Tip: 'Click and drag' for selecting list items is supported.
- Click the and controls to add or remove from the list
Tip: Double-clicking to add or remove list items is supported.
- Set the Role for each of the selected entities.
- Click the Sharing field
- Define the dashboard layout, select between one, two or three columns
- Click Add Panel to add the report shown in each of the defined columns
Enter a title in the Report name field, this field will be automatically filled with the selected report’s name if not manually set
Define which report to show in the Report to display field, if the report has multiple tabs then you will be prompted to select the relevant pivot tab using the Report tab to display field
In the Style field select the report element(s) to display:
In wide columns, you can choose to see the highlight (where applicable) AND either the chart or the table
In narrow columns, you can choose to see either the highlights, chart, or table
When selecting table, you can choose which fields to view (fields available are only those already selected in the report itself)
- Admin Users can also:
- Set the running user - The dashboards Running User determines under which user’s permissions the reports within the dashboard will run, and thereby affect the results of the dashboard, by default it is set to the current user, meaning that each user that runs a dashboard will see only the data they have permissions to view
- Once the “Running User” is set, the admin user can select to schedule a refresh by clicking on the “Scheduled Refresh” button - When scheduled a refresh, the admin can choose to disable manual refreshing of the dashboard, ensuring that data of the past refresh remains untouched
- Click Apply to Save the report created keeping it open for further editing.
- Click Save and Run to Save the report created and run it