Support for the landscape orientation
Clarizen mobile app now supports both landscape and portrait orientation. By rotating your phone to landscape, you can view all available fields.
To provide a simplified locked-down mobile experience for users, Clarizen allows organizations to create mobile-only profiles. With a mobile profile, you can choose what modules are available to users on a mobile device. For example, you may only allow users assigned to the profile to manage their timesheets and cases from their mobile device. Mobile profile is only used for a mobile device and does not affect user’s experience when using the web application.
To create a mobile profile
- As a System Administrator, navigate to Settings > Profiles.
- Click the +Add Profile link at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the new profile.
- Enable the Mobile Profile toggle.
- Click OK to create the profile.
- Configure the new mobile profile.
To assign users to a mobile profile
You can assign users to a mobile profile on one of the following ways:
- As a System administrator in Settings > Profiles > <mobile-profile-name> > Members
- In user’s profile > Search for Mobile Profile hidden field > select the profile.
Support for views
To provide a seamless experience between the web and mobile applications, and improve user productivity, all views available to users in the Clarizen web application, are now also available on their iPhones.
When viewed on a mobile device, view's columns, filters, sorting and conditional formatting are based on the web-based view. Depending on your system profile settings, you may or may not be able to modify the view on the mobile device.
Use the List View link in the top-right corner of the app to access available views. By default, the list displays the Default mobile view until you add more views.
To add views to the list:
- Tap the List View link in the top-right-corner of the app.
- To add a view, tap the Add view link at the bottom right corner.
- Tap a view to add it to the list.
To switch to a different view:
- In the portrait orientation, tap the List View link in the top-right-corner of the app.
In landscape, tap the List View link at the top.
- Tap the desired view to open it.
Tip: Rotate your devise to the landscape orientation to view all columns.
Interacting with views
To interact with a view:
- Swipe the name of an item to the right to view available actions, such as delete, mark complete, etc.
- Tap the column header to change the sorting order.
- Taphold (tap and hold for one second) an item name to open the property card. To keep the card open swipe up, swipe down to close it.
- Manage filters by tapping the filter icon. You can add, remove, and change the order of filters.
- Add or remove columns using the gear icon.
- Change the order of columns by tapping a column and holding it while moving to a desired position.
- Add a new item using the plus icon.
To provide a simplified, locked down and consistent experience, when profile-level properties are enabled (in Settings > Profile > Properties), the values are also enforced for the mobile views.
For example, if the Display the gear icon in views property is turned off, the gear icon is not displayed in the mobile view, preventing users from adding or removing columns.
Learn more about the profile-level properties.
Viewing custom pages and panels
Clarizen iPhone app now displays custom pages and panels. To ensure that a page or panel fits in the mobile screen and all elements scale accordingly, the Fit to mobile check box (in Settings > Configure > <Custom Page | Custom Panel> > Edit > the Advanced link) must be selected for each page or panel that can be viewed on a mobile device.
Note: The check box is not selected by default for pages and panels that have been created prior to the release. You must manually select the check box for existing pages and panels.