Clarizen is pleased to announce the release of Capacity Planning.
The Capacity Planning workspace supports the creation of “what if” scenarios and provides insights at a glance to help you avoid overestimating capacity and overcommitting resources.
Capacity Planning provides:
- Top-down planning and forecasting by job title or teams to create better predictions and optimize resources across projects
- Forecast and manage resources all within Clarizen, using real-time data
- Formalize the planning and approval process between Project and Resource Managers
- Try out different scenarios before committing
- Keep everyone informed automatically as soon as changes are made
Capacity Planning helps managers understand the capacity of their teams and roles for future periods, compare it with the demand over time, and then make effective and smart decisions around the optimization of resource assignment and utilization.
The Project Manager can:
- Request resources by job title, team or named resources
- Manage all requests in one workspace
- Receive notifications for approved requests and assigned resources
The Resource/Portfolio Manager can:
- View capacity vs demand by teams, job titles and named resources
- Append and approve requests per resource, per time period, per project
- Assign resources directly on projects based on current availability and assignments
- Plan and forecast utilization of resources for future periods
The Capacity Planning workspace
How it Works
To learn more, see the Capacity Planning documentation