Members can log time for the work they did on a Task. They can add as many logs as needed, as well as for days in the past, and multiple logs on a single day if needed. All the time logs from all members are accumulated and can be seen as actual hours worked, next to estimated and remaining effort.
Actual Effort and time logs in Task details
How to Log Time
You can log time in Task details, the Task card in Board view, or inline, in Grid view.
Open a Task, and under Log Time, click Log Time to add the first log.
When you add the log, you can select the log date, assignee, and time. Enter the time by typing in the number of hours and minutes.
The Actual Effort is accumulated from all logged times.
Log time directly on the Task card.
Under Actual Effort, click to log time.
You can export a timesheet report to Excel.
- To export a timesheet report for all Workspaces, click Timesheet Report in the All Workspaces menu. You can then select all or specific Workspaces.
You can also click Timesheet Report from the menu of a selected Workspace to export a timesheet for that Workspace only.
- Define the report attributes:
- Date period of the report
- Time logged by all users or only you
- Format: Select the Clarizen One format if you are going to import the report into Clarizen One
- Click Create the Report.
- When ready, download the report from the Notifications window.
- In the report, you can find all the time logs as well as additional task-related details, such as start and end dates, effort, etc.
Deleting Time Logs
All members of the Workspace can edit or delete time logs of other members in the Workspace. Guests cannot update time logs.
To delete a log, hover over the entry and click the trash icon.