We added the following new features to Slide Publisher:
Schedule Reports via Configurations
Publish and send Slide Publisher reports automatically according to a defined schedule, using a new Scheduled Workflow rule.
Note: This feature is in Controlled Availability.
Contact your Clarizen Customer Success Manager or Clarizen Support to request access.
- Have reports generated and sent on a regular basis instead of manually creating reports each time
- Create multiple workflows for different reports, based on various templates, schedules, and triggers
How it Works
- Create a new Scheduled Workflow for a Program, Project or Customer object.
- Fill in the regular required fields for a Scheduled Workflow.
- Set Run Time - Select Run On to use a specific date. Use Date or DateTime in the formula. Select Run Repetitively to specify a schedule.
- Under Set Actions, select the new Schedule Slide Publisher option (under Advanced).
- Select Attach and Add Post to include the generated report in the related discussion. The action generates the report and attaches it to a post, visible in the Project.
- In the Template field, select the Slide Publisher template.
- In the Target File Name field, enter the name of the presentation.
You can also use formulas to create the name. For example, combine the Project name and function that returns “Today” date, and the resulting name will be "Active_Project_Name_2019-01-21".
- Enter the email details. Enter recipients and a Subject line (regular or formula-based).
In addition to Attach and Post, you can also use the Send Email action to send the report.
- Click Save.
Note: You can use the new action not only in Scheduled Workflow rules. Examples:
- You can create a custom action. There is no schedule in this case but you can trigger the action using a Custom Action, similar to the Publish Slides action.
- You can create a regular Workflow rule. In the rule, use of the Set Run Time options:
See Extended Roadmap in Slides
Until now only the baseline roadmap was available in slides. Now you can include the extended roadmap.
How it Works
In the template wizard, enable the Expand roadmaps toggle.
The roadmap as it appears in the report: