Use Workspaces to manage projects, products, customers, teams, and more.
A Workspace is typically used per project, and will be accessible to all those participating in the project. The Workspace is where you and your team members will create Tasks and track progress towards Milestones.
- Adding a New Workspace
- Navigating Workspaces
- Viewing the Summary
- Inviting and Managing Members
- Working with Tasks
- Workspace Settings
- Leaving a Workspace
- Deleting and Restoring a Workspace
Adding a New Workspace
To add a Workspace:
- Click New next to All Workspaces.
Tip: You can also add a new Workspace from the navigation breadcrumbs.
- Enter a name and description (optional) for your Workspace.
- Click Advanced to select the default Board and Effort Units.
- Click Create Workspace.
Click All Workspaces to see all Workspaces in the main screen. To see all tasks across Workspaces, click Tasks.
Use the breadcrumbs to quickly navigate between Workspaces and Boards.
To drill down into Tasks, Members, Epics, Milestones or Boards of a specific Workspace, click on the relevant link in the Workspace card.
Select a Workspace and use the different tabs to get a status of your tasks, by members, Epics, Milestones or Boards.
Click on the eye icon for Epics, Milestones or Boards to see associated assignees.
To see how many Tasks an assignee has in each status, hover over a status to see how many tasks assignees have in that status. Hover over the user to see more details, including the user's role and email address.
Drill into Tasks
Toggle Show Tasks to easily access Tasks directly from Milestone, Epic or Board views in the Workspace.
You can also drag and drop Tasks between Epics, Milestones, Boards, and members.
Viewing the Summary
The Summary shows you the status of the Tasks in your Workspace.
You can see the status based on the number of Tasks, estimated effort or remaining effort.
Below the Tasks status, you can view members, and by hovering over an avatar, see details about the member, including a task status.
Inviting and Managing Members
- Invite a new member:
- In the Summary pane, click Invite new member.
Type in the name of the member or enter the email address for a new member.
- In the Summary pane, click Invite new member.
- Update the member role:
As an Admin, you can update a member’s role (Workspace Admin, Member or Guest).
- Member info: See a Tasks status for the member, by number of Tasks, estimated effort, and remaining effort.
- Revoke a member: Click on the menu and select Revoke Member. When you remoke a member from the Workspace, they will no longer be able to access the Workspace and all of its tasks. The member’s Tasks remain assigned to the member until reassigned to another member.
Note: The member will continue to appear in the Members tab as a Former Member until all the member's Tasks have been reassigned.
- View Tasks: For each member, you can see a Tasks status in the card. Select Show Tasks to see a detailed Tasks view per member.
Tip: In the Members tab, you can scroll to the end of the list of Members to see unassigned tasks.
Working with Tasks
See also Adding Custom Fields to Tasks.
Click the Workspace name to view Tasks across all Boards in the Workspace.
- Add a Task - Click in the top row of the grid to add a new Task.
- Edit a Task - You can edit some Task details inline by clicking on a field in the grid. Editable fields have a dotted line around the field. For non-editable fields, you can also hover to the left of the task and click the open task icon to edit the Task.
- Filter the view - Use the filtering options above the grid to filter tasks by name, assignee, priority and more. Click My Tasks to see only your tasks. Read more about filtering Tasks.
- Rearrange columns by dragging them in the grid.
For more details, see also Boards and Tasks.
To open Workspace settings, open the menu in the top-right of the Workspace screen.
Settings are categorized into different tabs:
- Rename the Workspace (available in all tabs)
- Clarizen One Sync - Set up sync with Clarizen One
- Email - Set up adding tasks via email
- Scrum - Define sprint-related settings, such as sprint duration and more
- Default Board - Select the default Board for Tasks when a Board is not specified
- Default Effort Units - Effort units are used in estimated and remaining effort for aggregated tasks, and in charts. You can choose Time or Story Points. This means you can add effort using a mix of time or Story Points, and the aggregated effort will be shown based on your preferred selection in these settings. Time will be converted to story points and story points to time.
Click Advanced to define work day and story point durations for the purpose of converting time to points or points to time.
Leaving a Workspace
In All Workspaces, in the relevant Workspace, click the menu and then Leave Workspace.
Within a Workspace, open the menu in the top-right of the Workspace screen and click Leave Workspace.
After you leave, you will no longer have access to this Workspace or its tasks. Your tasks will remain assigned to you until reassigned to another member.
Deleting and Restoring Workspaces
To delete a Workspace:
- If you are in the Workspace, open the menu in the top-right of the Workspace screen and click Delete Workspace.
- From All Workspaces, the trash can on the relevant Workspace.
Note: Deleting a Workspace deletes all Tasks in the deleted Workspace.
Restoring a Workspace
You can restore a deleted Workspace and all its content up to 30 days after it was deleted. Restoring a workspace will restore it with all its tasks and members.
To restore a Workspace:
- Go to All Workspaces, and open the menu in the top-right of the screen. Click Restore Workspace.
- Select the Workspace and click Restore Workspace.