Create as many boards as you need in the Workspace. For example:
- To divide the work between several teams that use different workflows
- To divide the work and track progress by sub-projects, project phases, customers, etc.
Adding a Board
To add a board to your Workspace:
- Under the Workspace, click + to add a new Board. Give the Board a name.
To create a new Board similar to an existing Board, click the menu and then Duplicate.
Using Kanban Boards and Stages
Stages represent phases in the Project. You can drag Tasks between Stages as they progress.
To add and customize Stages:
- Open the Board in Kanban view.
- Hover between 2 existing Stages and click +. Give your Stage a name, and drag it to a new position if needed.
- For each stage, set a status (color) to indicate if Tasks in the Stage are classified as Not started, In progress, Done, or Blocked.
Note: Two Stages may have the same status, depending on your actual workflow.
Using common Stage statuses allows each team to set their own process, while providing a standard, unified view of progress across all Boards within the Workspace, or across multiple Workspaces.
To see all tasks across Workspaces, click All Workspaces.
For a single Board you can easily switch between Kanban, Grid or Timeline views to see Tasks in the Board.
- Kanban - Sort Tasks in Stages. Click Show/Hide Stages to filter the view.
- Timeline - See progress against target dates. The timeline view also shows your Workspace Milestones.
- Grid - Quickly view, filter, or edit tasks inline. Click Arrange Columns to show or hide columns and rearrange them.
Adding and Updating Tasks
To add a Task:
- In a Board: Hover to the left of a Task and click + icon, or click New Task below an existing task.
- In Timeline view: Hover between Tasks and click +
- In Grid view, hover over an existing Task’s name and click the + icon. To add subsequent Tasks, click the + icon next to the Task name.
To edit a Task:
- In Kanban view: Click on the task.
- In Grid view: Edit the details inline.
The details can be updated in each of the Task tabs.
Add or update the assignee, add a description and delete the Task.
- Start Date and Due Date - Set the start and due date of the task:
- None - No Due Date
- By date - Select a due date for the Task
- Relative to Milestone - Select the number of days before a selected Milestone as the due date. The task’s dates will move if the Milestone dates are changed.
- Priority - Set a priority, which can also be used to filter Tasks
- Estimation - Enter an estimate for the expected time this Task requires. The estimate does not affect any calculations or dates.
- You can update the Workspace, Board and Stage of the Task.
- Epic - Epics let you group tasks into logical groups to suit your business needs. Learn more.
- Labels - Add existing labels or create a new label. You will be able to filter and search Tasks using labels in the different views.
Epics vs Labels
Use Epics to track the progress of a broader group of Tasks, such as Epics, project types, etc. Use labels for searching and filtering lower level classifications such as sub-projects, products, etc.
Create checklist items in the Task that can be checked off as you progress in the Task.
Add and manage attachments.