Create as many boards as you need in the Workspace. For example:
- To divide the work between several teams that use different workflows
- To divide the work and track progress by sub-projects, project phases, customers, etc.
- Adding a New Board
- Navigating Boards
- Deleting a Board
- Using Stages and Statuses
- Managing Tasks in Kanban View
- Managing Tasks in Grid View
- Filtering Tasks
- Task Details
Adding a New Board
To add a board to your Workspace, under the Workspace, click Add Board. Give the Board a name.
To create a new Board similar to an existing Board, click the duplicate icon to the right of the screen.
Use the navigation arrows to navigate between Workspaces and/or Boards. To move between boards, click the down arrow when on the Workspace, and navigate Boards using right and left navigation icons.
Deleting a Board
To delete a Board:
- In the Workspace view, click the trash can icon on the Board.
- In the Board, click the trash can icon in the top-right corner.
Using Stages and Statuses
Stages represent phases in the Project. You can drag Tasks between Stages as they progress.
For each Stage, you can set a status (color) to indicate if Tasks in the Stage are classified as Not started, In progress, Done, or Blocked.
Two Stages may have the same status, depending on your actual workflow.
Using common Stage statuses allows each team to set their own process, while providing a standard, unified view of progress across all Boards within the Workspace, or across multiple Workspaces.
This unified status view is visible in the tasks summary in the different views.
To add Stages and statuses:
- Open the Board in Kanban view.
- To the right of the last Stage on the Board, type in a name for the new Stage.
- For each stage, set a status (color) to indicate if Tasks in the Stage are classified as Not started, In progress, Done, or Blocked.
Click on the status and choose the status for the Stage.
Managing Tasks in Kanban View
To manage Tasks in Kanban view:
- Add a Task - Enter a name for your Task above the Tasks in the Stage. See Task Details below for more.
Note: You can also create Tasks from email.
- Edit a Task - You can update many of the Task details by clicking on the relevant property on the Task card directly in the Board. For more editing and Task details, click on the Task to open it.
See Task Details below for more.
- Delete a Task - Click on the Task to open it. Click the trash can in the top-right of the Task.
- Move a Task to a different Board - Click on the Task to open it. Select the Board.
Managing Tasks in Grid View
To switch between Kanban and Grid views, click the relevant view icon.
In Grid view, you can quickly view, filter, or edit tasks inline.
- Edit a Task - You can edit task details inline by clicking on a field in the grid. Editable fields have a dotted line around them when hovering over the field. Hover to the left of the Task to open and edit additional Task details.
See Task Details below for more.
- Delete a Task - Hover to the right of the Task and click to open the Task. Then click the trash can icon in the top-right of the Task.
- Rearrange columns by dragging them in the grid.
In all Task views you can filter Tasks by name, assignee, priority and labels. Select the My Tasks checkbox to see only your tasks.
To view or edit a Task:
- In Kanban view, You can update many of the Task details by clicking on the relevant property on the Task card directly in the Board. For more editing and Task details, click on the Task to open it.
See Task Details below for more.
- In Grid view, you can edit some of the Task properties inline. Editable fields have a dotted line around the field.
For non-editable fields, click the open icon to the left of the Task and edit the Task.
At the top of the Task page, you can update the following details:
- Task name - Click on the name to edit
- Priority - Set a priority, which can also be used to filter Tasks
- Board - Click the Board name to move the Task to a different Board
- Assignee - Click the assignee to change or remove the assigned member
Add a description to your Task.
Create checklist items in the Task that can be checked off as you progress in the Task.
Hover over the checklist item to rename, rearrange or delete the item.
Use labels to classify Tasks. You will be able to filter and search Tasks by labels in the different views.
Note: When you create a label, it will be available for all Tasks in the current Workspace.
To apply a label, click Add a label. Select or search for a label.
To create a new label, click on an existing label or click Add a label. Click Create new label, enter a name and choose a color. Then click Create.
To remove a label, hover over the label and click the pencil icon. Then click Delete.
Epics vs Labels
Use Epics to track the progress of a broader group of Tasks, such as Epics, project types, etc. Use labels for searching and filtering lower level classifications such as sub-projects, products, etc.
Estimated Effort and Remaining Effort - Use these fields to track and assess progress. Enter estimates for the expected time this Task requires, or the estimated time still needed to complete the Task. The estimates do not affect any calculations or dates.
Enter an amount and hit Enter to select Hours or Days.
To remove an estimation, hover over the estimation and click x.
Start Date and Due Date - Set the start and due date of the task. Entering dates is not mandatory.
Use Milestone date
Enable this option to determine the Task's due date based on a Milestone. Select the Milestone from the drop-down list and the number of days/weeks/months before a selected Milestone as the due date. The Task’s due will move if the Milestone date is changed.
Epics let you group tasks into logical groups to suit your business needs. Learn more.
Select the Epic from the drop-down list.
Board and Stage
You can update the Board and Stage of the Task.
To upload an attachment, click Upload file or drag an attachment to the Task.
Supported file types for attachments
- Documents: pdf, doc, docx
- Images: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
- Presentations: ppt, pptx
- Spreadsheets: xlsx
- Multimedia: odt, avi, ogg, m4a, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, wav, wmv
To delete an attachment, hover over the attachment name and click the trash can.
Copy a link to the Task for sharing via email, etc.
Collaborate with your colleagues in the Discussions panel.
To mention members in the discussion, type in @ and select the member. The mentioned member will get a notification email with a link to the Task.
Click on the heart icon to like a comment.