Create as many boards as you need in the Workspace. For example:
- To divide the work between several teams that use different workflows
- To divide the work and track progress by sub-projects, project phases, customers, etc.
- Adding a New Board
- Navigating Boards
- Using Kanban Boards and Stages
- Managing Tasks in Kanban View
- Managing Tasks in Grid View
- Filtering Tasks
- Task Details
- Deleting a Task
Adding a New Board
To add a board to your Workspace, under the Workspace, click Add Board. Give the Board a name.
To create a new Board similar to an existing Board, click the duplicate icon to the right of the screen.
Use the navigation arrows to navigate between Workspaces and/or Boards. To move between boards, click the down arrow when on the Workspace, and navigate Boards using right and left navigation icons.
Using Kanban Boards and Stages
Stages represent phases in the Project. You can drag Tasks between Stages as they progress.
To add and customize Stages:
- Open the Board in Kanban view.
- Hover between 2 existing Stages and click +. Give your Stage a name, and drag it to a new position if needed.
- For each stage, set a status (color) to indicate if Tasks in the Stage are classified as Not started, In progress, Done, or Blocked.
Note: Two Stages may have the same status, depending on your actual workflow.
Using common Stage statuses allows each team to set their own process, while providing a standard, unified view of progress across all Boards within the Workspace, or across multiple Workspaces.
Managing Tasks in Kanban View
To manage Tasks in Kanban view:
- Add a Task - Hover to the left of the task and click + or click Add Task below an existing task. See Task Details below for more.
- Edit a Task - Click on the Task or hover to the left of the Task and click the open/edit icon
See Task Details below for more.
- Delete a Task - Hover to the left of the task and click the trash can. In Task details, click Delete task at the bottom of the page.
- Move a Task to a different Board - Open the Placement tab and select the Board (see below), or drag the Task to a different Board.
Managing Tasks in Grid View
To switch between Kanban and Grid views, click the relevant view icon.
In Grid view, you can quickly view, filter, or edit tasks inline.
- Edit a Task - You can edit task details inline by clicking on a field in the grid. You can also hover to the left of the task and click the pencil icon to edit inside the Task.
See Task Details below for more.
- Delete a Task - Hover to the left of the task and click the trash can.
- Rearrange columns by dragging them in the grid.
In all Task views you can filter Tasks by name, assignee, priority and labels. Select the My Tasks checkbox to see only your tasks.
To view or edit a Task:
- In Kanban view, you can edit some details directly on the Board, such as the Task name, assignee, etc. For more details you can click on the Task to open and edit all properties.
- In Grid view, hover to the left of the Task name and click the pencil icon.
At the top of the Task page, you can update the following details:
- Task name - Click on the name to edit
- Priority - Set a priority, which can also be used to filter Tasks
- Board - Click the Board name to move the Task to a different Board
- Assignee - Click the assignee to change or remove the assigned member
Add a description to your Task.
Create checklist items in the Task that can be checked off as you progress in the Task.
Hover over the checklist item to rename, rearrange or delete the item.
Use labels to classify Tasks. You will be able to filter and search Tasks by labels in the different views.
Note: When you create a label, it will be available for all Tasks in the current Workspace.
To add a new label to the Task, click + and select the relevant labels.
To create a new label:
- Click + to add a label, and then Create new label.
- Type in a name for the label and apply a color. When working in Grid view, the labels are displayed by their colors.
- Click Add to list.
To remove a label, click x on the label name.
To delete a label, click on the label. Hover over the label name in the list of labels, and click the pencil icon to edit the label. Then click Delete.
Epics let you group tasks into logical groups to suit your business needs. Learn more.
Select the Epic from the drop-down list.
Epics vs Labels
Use Epics to track the progress of a broader group of Tasks, such as Epics, project types, etc. Use labels for searching and filtering lower level classifications such as sub-projects, products, etc.
Start Date and Due Date - Set the start and due date of the task. Entering dates is not mandatory.
Estimation - Enter an estimate for the expected time this Task requires. The estimate does not affect any calculations or dates. Enter an amount and hit Enter to select Hours or Days.
To remove an estimation, hover over the Estimation and click x.
Use Milestone date - Enable this option to determine the Task's due date based on a Milestone. Select the Milestone from the drop-down list and the number of days/weeks/months before a selected Milestone as the due date. The Task’s due will move if the Milestone date is changed.
Workspace, Board and Stage
You can update the Workspace, Board and Stage of the Task.
To upload an attachment, click Upload file or drag an attachment to the Task.
Supported file types for attachments
- Documents: pdf, doc, docx
- Images: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
- Presentations: ppt, pptx
- Spreadsheets: xlsx
- Multimedia: odt, avi, ogg, m4a, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, wav, wmv
To delete an attachment, hover over the attachment name and click the trash can.
Copy a link to the Task for sharing via email, etc.
Deleting a Task
To delete a Task:
- In the Kanban Board, hover over the Task and click the trash can.
- In Grid view, hover to the left of the Task name and click the trash can.
- Inside Task details, click Delete task at the bottom of the page.