- Easily create a new Workspace by duplicating an existing Workspace together with all its Boards, Milestones, Epics, and optionally, Tasks and members.
- New features for importing and exporting Workspaces include:
- Support for checklist items - include checklist items and their assignees
- Support for estimated and remaining effort using story points
- Assignees of Tasks and checklist items are automatically invited to the Task, as well as to the Workspace if they're new there as well
Note: To use the new features, you must use the latest version of the sample template. Get it from the Import dialog box.
- Epic Boards - You can now manage Epics on a Board with Stages representing phases in a workflow. You can add, remove and reorder Stages on the Board to create a customized workflow, independent of your Task workflows. In addition, you can now prioritize your Epics.
In Board view, you can also easily view and manage Tasks in a Gantt chart, and move Tasks to different Epics using the Show Tasks option.
Note: This feature is in controlled availability, and will be released for general availability soon. To gain early access, contact your Customer Success Manager.
- You can now update the Task status directly in Grid view, in Workspaces and Boards.
- Gantt charts - Add and manage Tasks in a Gantt chart:
- Add Tasks directly on the Gantt chart
- Drag Tasks on the chart to change their durations or dates
- See related sprints and Milestones on the chart
- Click on a task to see its details
Gantt charts are available in all Task grids; in All Workspaces, a single Workspace, or a specific Board.
- The Burndown chart now shows effort in story points (or Time), depending on your Defaults as set in the Workspace settings.
- You can now create and edit Tasks from Tasks in All Workspaces.
- Create the first Milestone directly in Task details. If you need to set the Task's due date by a Milestone that doesn't exist yet, you can now create the Milestone from the Task details.
- Don't delete, archive instead. Now, in addition to Tasks, you can archive whole Workspaces or Boards.
When you archive a Workspace, all its Boards, Epics, Milestones and Tasks will be archived as well. Read more.
When you archive a Board, all its Tasks will be archived as well. Read more.
Then just restore when needed, or if you must, permanently delete.
- Assign checklist items to members. As you add members, they will be added as assignees on the Task. If you remove an assignee from the Task, that member will be removed from any checklist item previously assigned to the member.
- Preview images and PDF documents without leaving the Task and without downloading. Scroll through the files, zoom in, page up or down, and download or delete directly from the preview window.
- Discuss the bigger picture. You can now have discussions in Epics.
- Custom Fields. Add even more customization by adding your own custom fields to Tasks that include text, date, and numeric fields, dropdown lists, currency selection, and more.
- Manage Stages easily with the new Stage Settings. Especially handy when you have lots of Stages in the Board, you can easily add, delete, rename, and rearrange Stages in the Board all in one dialog box.
- Log time enhancements include
- Log time in Task details, directly on the Task card in Board view, and now inline, in Grid view
- Export a timesheet report with all the time logs to Excel
- Story Points - You can now add estimated and remaining effort using Story Points or time. You can also choose to see aggregated statuses by time or story points. Tasks with time will be converted to story points, and story points can be converted to time.
- Log time. Log hours in Tasks, and see the actual hours worked next to estimated and remaining effort. Add as many logs as needed for multiple assignees, on as many dates as needed.
- We made lots of visual enhancements that make it easier to find what you're looking for and get there quicker. These include:
- We moved the Add new button for Kanban Boards, Scrum Boards, Epics, Milestones, Boards, and Tasks.
- Easily shift between Board and Grid views when viewing Boards
- Sort columns in the account's Members' list
- Expand and collapse sections in Task details using the eye icon
- Integration with Clarizen One - When you push a Project from Clarizen One to Clarizen Go, the Board created in Clarizen Go includes a Stage for each of the States in Clarizen One (Requested, Draft, Active, etc.).
- Usability enhancements made to Task Details
- When changing any layout option in Task Details, such as which sections are expanded or collapsed, and which Activity toggles are on or off, the changes will be saved for all Tasks that you open in your next browser session.
- When you make a change in a Task, the changes are automatically saved. A new progress bar shows you when a save is in progress.
- Are you removing members from Workspaces or accounts? Here is what you need to know.
- When you remove a member from the Workspace:
- The member will no longer have access to the Workspace
- The member’s Tasks will remain assigned to the member until reassigned to another member
- The member will appear in the Members tab as a Former Member until all Tasks have been reassigned or deleted.
The rules above also apply when you remove yourself from a Workspace.
- When you remove a member from the account:
- All Workspaces in which they are the only member will be deleted
- The member will lose access to all their Workspaces and Tasks
- Their assigned Tasks will remain assigned to them until reassigned to another member
- They will continue to appear as a Former Member in account settings.
See earlier release notes