User provisioning is the process by which organizations create, modify, disable, and delete user accounts and their profiles across IT infrastructure and business applications, such as Clarizen One.
Provisioning tools are used to automate onboarding, offboarding, and other administration workforce processes, for example; new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
Using the OneLogin integration, you can:
- Activate/deactivate users
- Assign/unassign users/group to a group
- Assign/unassign a manager
Setup in OneLogin
- In OneLogin, go to Users > Applications, and search for SCIM Provisioner with SAML (SCIM v2 Enterprise.
- Add the application.
- Add users to the app. Go to Users and select the user. Click Applications and then + to add the user.
- Select the app.
- Go to Applications, and select SCIM Provisioner with SAML (SCIM v2 Enterprise).
- In Configuration, enter the SCIM Base URL, and the configuration parameters based on the SCIM JASON Template file attached to this article (scroll to end to see attachment).
- In Provisioning, you can configure settings such as required approvals by admins.
By default, all of them need to be approved. You can do this by going to Provisioning > Users.
If you want to add custom fields to a user and provision them, you must add them to a provisioning template.
Note: Names are case-sensitive.
Weight is the custom field in this example
Go to Users > Mappings to add mappings for user properties.
Provisioning Users into Groups
After connecting with OneLogin, OneLogin will get a list of groups in your Organization.
After this, you can select into which groups you want to provision users.
Open your application and select Parameters > Groups, and select Groups.
If you added a new user group (only user groups are supported), then disable and enable again ApiStatus in the Configuration tab to reload the list of groups.
It is important that each time the user is updated, the service sends a separate Patch request for an addition to each specified group.
Note: You cannot currently add groups from OneLogin to Clarizen or users from groups. Read more.
Setup in Clarizen
To learn how to set up SCIM-based Provisioning in Clarizen, click here.