This page describes Clarizen shortcuts and includes the following sections:
Shortcuts allow you to link a work item from any other draft or active project and have the work item available as a 'read-only'
view on your project.
Shortcuts are a great way to reference external work items by allowing you to create inter-project dependencies or to allow for
external items to impact your current project. You can add a shortcut to any level of your project and milestones added as a
shortcut will even appear in your roadmap .
- Navigate to a work item's Work Plan panel .
- Select an item in the grid .
- O n the ribbon, c lick and select Shortcut .
The Add Shortcuts multi-find window opens.
Figure 1: Add Shortcuts Multi-find Window
- Configure the find window as necessary.
The data is sent to the server, the shortcut appears in the selected item's Item Detail view Work Plan panel.
Another great usage for shortcuts is for the creation of project portfolios. When creating a project portfolio simply select the
shortcut option from the drop-down, search for the relevant projects to link in, and select them.
These projects become 'read-only' views of the original work items which are also now seen in the project roadmap .
There are two settings for shortcuts located i n the Project's Properties card, under the Schedule Settings and Finance Settings sections.
Figure 2: Properties Card Shortcut Settings
- Rollup Progress and Dates from shortcuts — Rolls up the reported progress and all dates from shortcuts into the project
- Click here for more on Rollup Progress and Dates from Shortcut
- Rollup Financial and Effort Data from shortcuts — Rolls up the financial data and the overall effort from shortcuts into the project