We have introduced 2 new features to enhance timesheet reporting:
Job Title Field in Timesheets
A user's job title is now included in timesheets. This is useful:
- for collecting and reporting on historic data, where the job title is required for the user at the time they logged time. For example, a user may have had a different job title in the past, or may have worked in the capacity of a different job title for a specific project
- for integrations via our API, with finance or other systems that require the Job Title
The Job Title will be added to timesheets if the user has a Job Title defined, and is updated close to real-time for new timesheets.
Note: This feature works going forward, so historic data from before this release will not be collected.
If you have enabled Date Effective Rates, you’ll get the extended Prices and Rates screen (Work Plan > Resourcing > Prices and Rates) that displays both the User Job Title and their Job Title for Billing.
New User Fields: Timesheets Expected From, Timesheets Complete Until & Expected Timesheets
The combination of these three fields supports the process of checking timesheet completion.
You can set the values of 2 of the new fields: the Timesheets Expected From date indicates the date from which timesheet completion should be checked and the Expected Timesheets setting enables you to choose the frequency (Daily, Weekly or Monthly) that timesheets are expected to be submitted by the user.
The combination of these settings drives the calculation of the Timesheets Complete Until date. The system checks the user’s capacity (based on their Clarizen calendar) from the “Timesheets Expected From” date using the time frames indicated by “Expected Timesheet” and compares that with the sum of the submitted and approved timesheets for the same time period. If the hours worked meet or exceed the capacity then the “Timesheets Complete Until” date is populated with the date of the first working day in the next “Expected Timesheet” period. This then indicates the starting date of the next incomplete timesheet.
Timesheets Expected From: 1st November 2020
Expected Timesheets: “Weekly”
User’s capacity for the week: 40 hrs
Submitted and approved timesheet entries for the week: 42 hrs
Timesheets Complete Until set at: 9th November (assuming working week starts on a Monday)
This is useful for:
- tracking and reporting on users who should be reporting timesheets
- using in Validation Rules – for example, to prevent current time period timesheet entry reporting when previous timesheet entries are missing
- using in Workflow Rules – for example, to remind users of missing timesheet entries upon login
Is the Timesheets Expected From a calculated field? Or should you enter it manually?
Can it be used for resource and capacity planning to set a start date (can be planned as from') for a certain user?
We don't require our users to report hours consistent with their calendar capacity. We expect that they will need some time each week to perform administrative duties. Is there a way to report less than capacity. For example (capacity - 6hrs)? Thank you.