This app is now built in--just go to the Resourcing Tab in the Work Plan and use the "Replace Resource" button.
Replacement of a project owner/project manager for all tasks or sub-tasks
Is the following app is no longer available? http://www.clarizen.com/appsmarketplace/item/Simple-Find-Replace-Resource-Manager.html
It sounds like it's exactly what I need to do a "Global" replacement of a project owner/manager.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
I noticed that. However, I don't think that the built in app includes the "project manager" as an update, only the task resources (unless I'm doing something wrong?)
I did get the "old" app from an Office Hours session yesterday and have created a custom action from it. It functions as I had hoped, updating both resources and project manager as desired.
Thank you for responding so quickly!
Ah yes, the built-in app only replaces resources.
You can do this very easy with an overview (view).
- Create a view with all neccesary items (via filters)
- Add the column project manager / owner
- Change 1 field value to the project manager you want to change
- Copy the field value by clicking 1 time on the column field. (CTRL + C)
- Hold SHIFT and select the last column field.
- Paste the values with CTRL + V
Link: http://gph.is/2uGbdgG (tutorial)