There are a few scenarios/situations that end-users should be aware of for Tasks showing up in Timesheets.
In order for a user to see a Task in their Timesheet, the following must apply:
- The Task is configured as Reportable
- The User is a Resource on the Task
- The Resource is Active, if set to Inactive, the Task will not be seen. See below for further information on Inactive Resource links.
- The Task is Active (not Complete)
- Note – There is a system setting that, if set to ON, allows you to add time after a Task is completed.
Further details and behavior to be aware of, when the status of the link (Resource) is not active, here is how the system
handles the Task:
- don't show the task in the timesheets of this user
- show the task in the resource load (planned work) only until this 'not active' date
- don't show the resource on individual reporting link (in the UI popup)
- don't take the resource into account for the remaining effort in shared reporting (if you have 3 resources and one is not active, the remaining work divided 50-50 between the active ones and not 33-33-33 with the inactive one)
- timesheets reminds on the old resource