Use-Case: Conditional creation of a CUSTOMER Table entry.
In CASE function from Navigation Bar we want to create a "NEW" Customer Table Entry based on the following conditions:
(1) The CASE-ISSUE "STATE" is changed from "Submitted" to "Approved"
(2) The Customer does NOT already exist.
Note: The "Reported By Mail" on the CASE Table Record updated via an InterAct transaction in Email-To-Case will be used as our "Customer" Name on the Customer Table. i.e. the email sender of a Clarizen support request is our Help Desk customer.
Use-Case Scenario (Storyboard):
1) " firstname.lastname@example.org" sends an email to email@example.com
2) InterAct Email-To-CASE creates a CASE-ISSUE Record with "Reported By Mail" set = firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Our Support Desk Agent reviews the CASE-ISSUE via the CASE on-line program from Navigation Bar.
4) Our Support Desk Agent changes the "STATE" from "Submitted" to "Approved" meaning it is a valid Support request and we will need to work on the Case-issue.
5) A Custom "Workflow" for CASES would kick-in a "Conditional Action List" to read the CUSTOMER Table to check if the Customer already exists. (Use the "ReportedByMail" field on CASE table to look-up the Customer Table for an entry)
IF the Customer Table Entry does not exist
THEN create a record on the Customer Table = Reported By Mail
do nothing to Customer Table.
Lastly, create the CUSTOMER-CASE LINK Table Entry.
To date I have tried 2 Clarizen Functions to accomplish this:
2) GetObjectByID (per an Advanced Q&A Webinar on Friday August 1, 2014)
Playing with the syntax for these 2 functions I either end up creating a new Customer Table entry EVERY time I process a Case
from "submitted" to "Approved" meaning if ONE(1) real life customer creates THIRTY (30) Case-Issues via InterAct I get 30 entries for email@example.com on the Customer Table or I get various error messages in CASE-ISSUE and do not create any Customer Table entries.
Anyone know how to 'script' the proper logic to make this work ????
Cheers, Brian Dillon
PMO, IT Project Manager
JAM Industries Ltd.