- I'd like to define project goals for each project, and have these prominently featured. (I'd rather have these in the top place than the Roadmap).
I would recommend putting these goals into the description, and then adding that description as a column.
- I'd like to relate items from my Project Plans to Project Goals. Various projects relate to the same goals.
Again, the description field is a good place to enter in goals as this could quickly be pulled up using reporting. You can also use the issue entities to keep track of goals and link them to projects.
- I'd like to be able to mouse over projects in the Home view, and get content relevant to that project on the right hand side of the page - recent activity window, notes, discussions for that project.
That is a lot of information to process on a mouseover, would probably slow performance to a crawl on the homepage. I'll have to check with R&D, but don't think this will be feasbile unfortunately.
- I'd even like to have a running list of recent places at bottom of screen, so I could one click right to each.
Very interesting suggestion. We're planning to greatly expand our favorites functionality.
- I'd like the ability to Customize Home Screen by dragging windows around.
Expect much more customization in future releases, a lot to look forward to!
- In a project, where are the Expand All / Collapse All buttons?
We have had this functionality on the development table for a long time and the issue is performance. Enabling expand/collapse all in the grid view substantially reduces performance. This will probably be released as an optional feature for users instead of automatically rolled out to everyone.
- In the Gantt view, I'd like icons to appear for item type (Project / Milestone / Task).
We do have specific icons in the bars themselves. It may not be possible to easily add icons to the work plan.
- These could also be the link to edit that item until Gantt is fully interactive.
Interactive Gantt should be coming sometime next year. There are linkbacks to edit at the bottom of the Gantt chart.
- I'm concerned about so much small text. We have several users with less than perfect vision. How will it do with large fonts?
Try Ctrl and + or - to zoom in and out
- For those that like small fonts, but want to see more information at once, each window should have a Full Screen Toggle button.
Try pressing F11
- Please add me to the Drag & Drop request list.
Will do, it's our #1 feature request =)
- I'd also like:
Indent / Outdent items
Indent/Outdent is done with green arrows on the tool bar. Move up/down is done using cut/paste (Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V)
I'd like to see a lot more emphasis on communications features.
- Discussion items should have their own in icons in the Info Window, not be thrown in with Notes, then appear inside the Info Card, rather than in a pop-up.
There is a hidden feature here, you can double click the discussions (posts) icon in the grid and it will instantly pull up the thread.
- Notes in the Info Card view should have an option to view by single line or multi-line/expanded view.
For notes, I would actually recommend trying out the collaboration view (icon is next to the Gantt button in the upper right).
- I'd like the person's name on a note or message to be a link to chat or email them.
Very good suggestion.
- Mac specific - When working in Mac widgets, mouse and keyboard input is not turned off for Clarizen items in the browser behind the widgets. (Firefox 6, Mac OS 10.6.1)
Will have to ask QA about this one
- Mac - another voice for Search Help.
Only works in IE unfortuantely, but we are working to fix this.
Help features should always be clearly available / at hand. I like the suggestion windows of what makes sense to do next that can be turned off after one knows the program.
Would like to have more narrated videos online in brief labeled sections. It works better for me to hear the explanation.
In the works, you should see more of these early next year.
- Can I automate cretion of recurring projects?
Another popular feature request, I'll add you to the list.
- Issues feels like a feature designed for software engineers.
If the language were broadened, it would apply to a broader set of ongoing attention items, reminders & to dos.
Great point, we are planning to make some changes here. The first of which will be renaming Enhancement Requests to Change Requests, which has a much broader usage in traditional project management.
- I'd also like Project Phases to be expanded to be more universal, or users should be able to add their own and select from an icon library.
Eventually this will be fully customizable. If you have some specific ones you would like to add, please email the list to me at email@example.com
- Another voice for Outlook Integration. I see you're working on it. Thanks.
We do have a plug in available right now, and are working on an expanded version for release next year.
- funny: The Project Conflicts icon looks like a strange Teddy Bear.
I'm pretty sure the Accessibility icon is also a Teddy Bear with a walker. Otherwise the person's head is an alarm clock?
=) It's supposed to be an alarm clock!