Thanks for your feedback, Peter ! I will submit this to my colleagues at Product.
Better external collaboration
Clarizen is good for collaboration internally in a company but I would like to bring in customers some more. I know you are working on this but my top feature request regarding closer collaboration with external people would be marking items as "Internal" - this is true for a lot of fields that are currently shared with external users, but must important ones are:
- Work fields: Work, Remaining Effort (not % complete), Pending time - in general be able to close down on a lot of fields. First step: set up globally, later, per project or user group or something like this.
- Discussion posts: I want to mark individual discussions on a WI as Internal so that I can both have a discussion with the customer on a WI and have a parallel internal discussion on the same WI. I would be good to be able to interject a comment within a thread and mark it as internal (mark it with a light red frame in the UI) and have it show up within the customer discussion.
- Public versus Internal Notes
- Share collaboration items view with again this taking into account Internal flags
Please note that the items naturally should not be available in column selections and so on if the customer is allowed to build his/her own view.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Hi, I would to know if this is something that is currently being worked on, and if so, what the expected date of release is. This would be a very beneficial addition to discussions and notes.
The only thing I've heard is "2015" although when we signed up a year ago we we told "almost there" so caveat emptor :-)
Unfortunately, I do not have an update for you but Your change request was logged. ID: CR-238967 (for reference)
I received some feedback from the Product team. Having an external collaborator special license and support Social as a result is in our roadmap but no ETA.
You should note that Profiles is a big step towards this functionality. You are now able to create a profile for external users and share only the fields and views these users are supposed to see, so at least the first part of hiding fields and views are already supported today.
There are currently several problems (for us) with Profiles and external users (although) I acknowledge that they're definitely a step in the right direction:
- You cannot limit the objects users can manipulate using profiles (e.g. assign case to user X)
- You cannot have private discussions
- It not economically viable for us to buy full licenses for all our customers. We will be ruined :-)
Yes, one huge help would be the ability to mark a discussion for client visibility, and otherwise hide it. There is no way to currently do this. While we can share discussions with our customers, there are plenty of internal communications that take place that should not be reviewed by our clients, as I'm sure your can relate.
Having a way to filter them out without the added step of saving the discussion and then using a custom action (which we have tried) would be extremely useful.
Sounds like we're in the same boat, Kristian :-)
I'd prefer a flag "Public" on a discussion thread (or even better, an individual post) in order to avoid posts that are internal be public by mistake. Maybe a setting for "default public"/"default private".
Indeed, we are. :)
I have updated the internal Change Request for Product to have a clearer picture of your Use Case.
I would like to also add that using profiles, we have the ability to adjust which relations a user can see (emails, resources, reviewers, discussions). This would be very useful to adjust in an individual view. So that every time a manager goes to share a view using the "share widget", they are not required to pick and choose with relations are seen (there are a lot to select/deselect).
I agree; private posts are becoming more and more critical to my organization as we expand the social arena.
Further as to what Kristan says, I also find deselecting panels tedious on sharing views but we are using mainly anonymous view sharing with out customers (and when you share views with colleagues they are not shared with filters, etc. - which sort of defeats the purpose for me).