The reason why we don't have this is because not everyone would want this. However, this could be done via customizations.
Discussions should show in collaboration view
We are encouraging individuals to use the discussions, but one of the questions that came up was what if the discussion happens at the child level when most people look at the parent level. I was thinking we could use the collaboration view to see the discussions in the child task, but discussions do not show at all. I would think that discussions are an important part of collaboration and should be included in the view.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Before I open the request, I just want to confirm, by collaboration you mean the "Social" module? If not, could you specify which module? I think I might have misunderstood you.
Tom, I mean the collaboration view that is available from a work item (task, milestone, project).
Access in utilities tab
Oh! Ok that makes a big difference. I was totally looking at something else. This is a great request and I will go ahead an open a CR regarding this. The CR # is CR-224260.
Was this ever resolved? We also would like to have the capability and ran into the same issue of not have child-level discussions show up in the collaboration view (where files, notes, etc. all live)
This request is still open and is not currently scheduled for a specific release.
My 2 cents is if this is enabled it should be across all relevant entities. Meaning there should be a means to have everything "roll up" to the project view. This is an issue not only with discussions but files as well. If there is a file associated with a task you have to drill down to the task to be aware the file is there. At least as far as I am aware :D.
This is not done across all entities to avoid performance issues. If there are some that are missing than we can add to the Change Request to have them included.
Is there any update on this request? We would also like for this to be resolved.
No ETA. The Collaboration View would have to be completely rebuilt from scratch, so I would not expect this anytime soon.
We would really like discussions made on project milestones and tasks to rollup to the project and display on the project view. As as workaround, I removed the discussions panel from milestones and tasks to force users to use discussions only on the project page.
Has this been resolved -- Having discussions at the task level are good, however, there should be a way to roll up all discussion on the project into one view. Without having this functionality, the Discussion components are never very useful.
It looks like there are a few topics in this thread:
- Collaboration View has been outmoded by Discussion Threads and is not planned for any updates any time soon.
- Rolling up discussions: Not everyone wants the granular discussions on tasks to rollup to project level, really it depends on the size of your projects and the chattiness of the team. Rollup can easily be added with workflow. Whilst we could add a system setting if you want discussions to roll up but we have a lot of settings already and try to not add more unless we really have to.
- Files rollup - the latest Activity Stream version on the Apps Marketplace rolls up files to Parent Milestone and Project
- This week we released Program which does rollup Files, Requests, Issues, Requests, Resources to Program level. It does not roll up all discussions - we think Program Managers would be overwhelmed by discussions within the projects.
- You can always #hashtag the Project or @mention the relevant people.